Hours and Admission
Maps and Directions
Special Event Parking
Board of Directors
Past, Present and Future: DHV Blog
The staff at Dallas Heritage Village bring Dallas and
Texas history to life for thousands of school children, families and tourists.
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Dallas Heritage Village is seeking an organized, efficient individual to serve as the Business and Administration
Manager. This position is responsible for all accounting functions of the museum, manages cash flow; responsible
for paying bills and managing payroll; supervises human resources functions; manages benefits package; negotiates
all insurance needs; files necessary budget reports with the City of Dallas; negotiates all insurance contracts;
supervises contract security firm. DHV’s annual budget is just under $1 million.
- Accounts Receivable-Collect all cash and checks to prepare deposit slips and process credit cards, making deposits to designated bank accounts by budget categories.
- Accounts Payable-Pay all operating expenses, Guild expenses, Restricted Account expenses.
- Payroll-Process semi-monthly payroll time sheets, submit to payroll service, receive checks, reconcile and distribute checks. Process and submit quarterly State and Federal tax reports, annual W-2 and 1099 reports.
- General Ledger-Prepare all monthly journal entries, keypunch all cash receipts, disbursements and journal entries into computer system. Reconcile General Ledger, verify and submit monthly financial statements to Finance Committee members. Reconcile bank statements for accuracy.
- Insurance-Work with agents to negotiate best coverage and prices for all employee benefit coverage (Health, Dental-Vision, Life & AD&D), as well as, coverage for General Liability, Automobile Liability, Excess Umbrella Liability, Workers Comp., Property, Officers’ and Directors Coverage, Fiduciary Liability, and Crime Policy.)
- Audit-Prepare all work papers and support documentation for auditors, with emphasis on analyzing all Balance Sheet accounts. Review draft copy of audit, submit to Finance Committee for recommendations/changes, send recommendations to auditor, review second draft and authorize final copy.
- Human Resources-Compile and distribute employment forms to supervisors of new hires. Set up Personnel Files on all new employees making sure all documentation has been received. Then submit all new hire paperwork to payroll processing company. Establish time table for new staff members to receive employee insurance and retirement benefits and process those accordingly. Run criminal history reports on staff and volunteers.
- 990 Income Tax Returns-Work with auditors preparing tax return and auditors who prepared our audit to see that everything for the tax return has been submitted. Supply additional information to Tax Auditors for the completion of the 990 return.
- Retirement Plan-Prepare a summary of benefits by employee for calendar year to be submitted to the Benefits Company that prepares our 5500-C return for Internal Revenue Service. Review and submit to IRS.
- Budget-Work with Director and finance committee members to establish current year projections and various drafts of proposed budget. Prepare final copies of budget for presentation to Executive committee for approval.
- Reports-Based on budgets and actual costs, prepare financial statements for City of Dallas Management agreement for our facility, for Event committees, Fund-Raising committees, Annual Report publication and for various departments of staff management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
- Must think creatively and demonstrate flexibility as part of a small staff with finite resources
- Must be well-organized, detail oriented and have a positive, team-oriented attitude
This is a part-time position, working 4 days a week.
Please send resumes and a cover letter to:
Dallas Heritage Village
ATTN: Melissa Prycer
1515 S. Harwood
Dallas TX 75215
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 214-428-6351
Position to begin at start of our fiscal year in October.