Millermore House, 1855-1862
<< Back to Virtural Tour
History of Millermore
This house was constructed by William Brown Miller (pictured on the right)
between 1855 and 1862, not far from his original log home. Its design was an
adaptation of the Greek Revival architecture popular at the time, reflected by
its symmetrical facade and the original square Doric portico at the front door.
The front porch with the ionic columns was added during a 1912 renovation. The
fine furniture inside the house indicates the success enjoyed by many pioneer
families within 25 years of settling in Dallas County.