Dallas Heritage Village is seeking a detail-oriented individual to serve as the part-time Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for all accounting and financial management functions while also coordinating human resources, risk management and retail operations. This position will work closely with the Director of Visitor Experience and the Executive Director, as well as the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors. DHV’s annual budget is just under $1 million. As a small organization with a tight budget, multitasking and efficiency are key traits.
- Accounts Receivable-Process cash, checks and credit cards, received through the gift shop, online and via mail. Prepare deposits and maintain adequate cash flow and control. Prepare and submit invoices and supporting documents to funders.
- Accounts Payable-Process invoices and payments for operating, restricted and fiscal agent accounts.
- Payroll-Prepare bi-weekly payroll and submit to online processor. Post monthly payroll journal entries. Process and submit annual 1099 forms for independent contractors.
- General Ledger-Prepare all monthly, quarterly, annual and occasional journal entries. Reconcile General Ledger and bank statements. Perform regular account and variance analysis and reconciliation. Prepare, verify and submit monthly financial statements to Finance Committee members.
- Insurance-Work with agents to negotiate best coverage and prices for all employee benefit and other organizational insurance policies. Coordinate claims and reporting for all agency policies.
- Audit and 990-Prepare all work papers and support documentation for auditors. Review audit and reconcile to general ledger through appropriate journal entries. Work with auditors to prepare Form 990 tax return. Ensure that audit and 990 are submitted to governing bodies.
- Budget-Work with Executive Director and Finance Committee members to establish current year projections and various drafts of proposed budget. Present final budget draft to Executive Committee for approval.
- Reports-Prepare a variety of reports, budgets, interim financial statements and surveys as requested or required by funders, insurers, agency committees and staff, or government regulation. Regularly communicate findings and advise Finance Committee of financial position, trends and projections.
- Human Resources- Maintain personnel files and time records on all employees. Assist employees with completing necessary documents and accessing benefits. Manage employee benefits and HR vendors. Ensure that all required forms and reports are submitted timely.
- 3+ years experience in accounting (accrual basis) required; non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- 2+ years QuickBooks experience and intermediate Excel skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
This position can expect to work an average of 24 hours/week. The work environment is casual, the schedule is flexible, and the position accrues PTO. Hourly pay rate will be $22-26/hour, depending on experience.
Please send resumes and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Melissa Prycer, Executive Director
History Host -- Multiple Openings $11.50 per hour
Creating a welcoming and informative visitor experience is the most important thing that Dallas Heritage Village does. We believe that as a small institution in a large metropolitan area, we can make history personal for our visitors and help create a community through the museum. As History Host, you become the face of DHV as you assist visitors in connecting past with present. Creativity, flexibility. friendliness, and curiosity about our past are crucial skills. History Hosts are hourly part-time (18-28 hours a week) employees. Shifts are daytime only, Tuesday-Sunday. Some weekend shifts required.
Submit cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com with position title as subject line.